1011.4: Four Students
Here’s an story of four students: Bobby Babbitt, Connie Carnegie, Millie Minor, and Ned North. The four of them live in Babbitt, Carnegie, Minor, and North, but not one of them lives in the dorm that shares his or her name. Here’s some more you might like to know about them:
1. Millie Minor lives in Babbitt.
2. The person who lives in Carnegie is neither Bobbie Babbitt nor Millie Minor.
3. Ned North lives in Minor.
4. Neither Connie Carnegie nor Bobby Babbitt lives in North.
5. Connie Carnegie lives in Babbitt.
Lastly, and importantly, only one of the five numbered statements above is true.
Where do each of the four students live?
Solutions, with explanations, to Puzzle #1011.4: Four Students may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or, via campus mail, to Russell Marcus, Philosophy Department. Make sure to include your contact information with your solution. A winner will be chosen among those who submit satisfactory solutions. Any one may play the puzzle, but only current Hamilton College students may win prizes.
Prize winners receive a t-shirt or mug from Lulasail, home of the best philosophy t-shirts on the web.